Why can't I move or delete fields added from a template? - New DocuSign ExperienceIf you are using a template and the fields that come over with the template cannot be moved or deleted. This indicates the template has been locked down on the template level. If you do not have access to edit the specific template, you will need to forward the instructions below to your account administrator or the template's creator to request their assistance.
To unlock fields on a template:
- Log into DocuSign as the template creator or account administrator
- Navigate to "Templates > My Templates" if the creator or "Templates > All Account Templates" if the administrator
- Click the down arrow next to "Use" and select "Edit"
- Click "Next" in the upper right corner to access the "Add Fields" screen
- Locate and click on the field you want to modify in order to display the field properties menu on the right
- Locate the section labeled "Sender Permissions" towards the bottom of the field properties menu
- Un-check the box for "Mandatory" to allow senders to delete the field when sending
- Un-check the box for "Restrict Changes" to allow senders to move or modify the field
- Click away from the field to save your changes
- Repeat steps 5-9 as needed until all fields are unlocked as desired
- Click "Save and Close" in the upper right corner to save your template
If you are looking to have the fields locked down so that signers are required to fill them out or so that signers cannot modify the field value, these check boxes are located at the top of the Field Properties menu. The "Required Field" and "Read Only" options under Formatting Properties are only available for certain field types. Please see our list of DocuSign fields for more information.