**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Why am I losing leading zeros in numerical merge fields?
**This issue pertains to Legacy DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce.**
IssueI have a Salesforce Number or Formula field with a decimal value. When I reference this value in a DocuSign merge field, the leading zero is removed.
CauseSalesforce does not return leading zeroes on numerical values.
Format the number or formula field as a Text value. Note that this may have other implications, if you have a workflow that involves this field beyond DocuSign.
- Login as the Salesforce administrator
- Open the Fields menu for the object in question
- Click Edit next to the field in question
- Click Change Field Type
- Select Text (Note that Number's description explicitly states that Leading zeroes are removed)
- Complete the rest of the field details as appropriate.
- If you are using a Formula field, you must change the Data Type to Text, then wrap your existing formula with a TEXT() parameter
- For example, if the formula is currently ItemPrice__c * ItemQuantity__c, changing that to TEXT(ItemPrice__c * ItemQuantity__c)will suffice