What happens if I exceed the envelope allowance on my eSignature plan?
When you subscribe to a DocuSign eSignature plan, the envelope allowance depends on your plan. Once an envelope is sent, it will count towards the envelope allowance included in your plan, whether or not the envelope is signed or completed. The number of envelopes sent for signature using PowerForms or Bulk Send will also count towards this allowance. If you do send more than the allowance on your plan in your first year, our sales team may contact you to help you choose the plan that best meets your needs. Overage charges may apply based on the list price. All plans are subject to our Reasonable Use Policy. We may prevent you from sending new envelopes if your send volume exceeds Reasonable Use. If this happens please contact our sales teams at 1-877-720-2040.
- Our eSignature Personal plan includes five (5) envelopes every month.
- We believe that send volume (i.e. number of envelopes sent for signature) should not be a deciding factor in selecting your eSignature provider, and we understand that you may not know how many envelopes you’ll need to send for signature in your first year with DocuSign. Based on historical usage of our existing customer base, we know that 100 envelopes per user per year far exceeds the needs for most customers on our Standard and Business Pro plans. Therefore, Standard and Business Pro plans include an allowance of up to 100 sent envelopes per user per year.
- Our Real Estate Starter plan includes five (5) envelopes every month. The DocuSign for REALTORSⓇ annual plan does not have an allowance but send volume is subject to our Reasonable Use Policy.
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced API plans offer packages that include a specific volume of envelopes (rather than pricing based on API calls) so that you can complete an agreement. The number of envelopes you can send for signature depends on your plan type. Annual plans have an annual allowance while monthly plans have a monthly allowance. Our Basic API monthly plan starts with 40 envelopes sent per month, while our Intermediate API and Advanced API monthly plans start with 100 envelopes per month. Your integration can include a reasonable use of API calls per agreement with a maximum of 1000 API calls per hour. Additional API call capacity is available for Enterprise accounts. Please contact our direct sales team if you would like higher capacity.
- 30-Day Free Trial accounts will include 100 envelope sends. If you reach this limit during your trial, you can upgrade to a paid plan. View plans.
- Advanced Solutions can be customized to reflect your specific needs, so envelope limits vary based on the terms of your plan. If you have any questions about how you are charged for envelope usage, please visit our Contact Support Page and create a case.