Streamlining the Sending Experience
To help bring customers closer to a simpler and more streamlined sending experience, we are introducing two minor changes to the sending experience.
Preview of changes
Here's a comparison of the current and new page designs. Changes are highlighted in green.
Current Add Documents and Recipients page
Updated Add Documents and Recipients page
Here's what's changing
There are two modifications being made to the Add Documents and Recipients page of the sending experience:
- Background color: The background of the page will change from white to light gray.
- Advanced Options access: The Advanced Options section and edit access will move from the Message to All Recipients area to the top navigation, replacing the Recipient Preview button. Recipient Preview will still be accessible on the Add Fields page.
When you can expect to see these changes
The rollout for these changes will begin in late January and conclude in March. Users will see these changes in Demo and Production on the dates outlined below:
- Background color
- January 26: 100% of Demo accounts
- January 28: 100% of Production accounts
- Advanced Options in top navigation
- February 16: 100% of Demo accounts
- March 3: 5% of Production accounts
- March 10: 100% of Production accounts
Will this affect templates too?
Yes. When you create or edit a template, the template Add Documents and Recipients page will show these same two changes: the gray background and the Advanced Options access moved to the top navigation.
Will this affect the quick send modal that appears when sending using a complete template?No. For templates that are configured to use the quick send modal, that modal is unchanged. The Advanced Options will appear in the Message to All Recipients area as usual. Example:
Will this affect what appears in Advanced Options?No. The contents of the Advanced Options modal will remain unchanged. The change is just with how users access the Advanced Options settings.
Does this mean Recipient Preview will be removed?Not entirely. The Recipient Preview option will be removed from the Add Documents and Recipients page, replaced by the Advanced Options button. Recipient Preview will still be accessible on the Add Fields page where you assign fields to your envelope recipients.
How can I prepare?To facilitate a smooth transition to adapting to these updates for your account, once the changes are available in your Demo or Production account, we recommend these next steps:
- Test and update any workflows or testing processes that rely on the structure of the current location of the Advanced Options.
- Review and update any internal documentation that contains references to the current location of the Advanced Options.