Why a new signing version?
Why another new Signing version?
- New Signing version is designed for Accessibility. Adding support for impaired vision, color blindness, cognitive and physical impairments
- Improved mobile responsive design: Signers will have a more responsive, consistent, mobile-friendly signing experience across different devices.
- Improved performance
- Screen reader and accessibility support: improved tool tips & color contrast ratios
- Simplified content and responsive Other Actions menu
- Improved error handling
How do I know that I am viewing a new Signing session?
- The easiest way to see if you are in V02 vs V02 Responsive is, now in the footer, a 'V2R' mark exists to make it easy to tell if you are in V02 vs V02R.
- While in the Signing session choose OTHER ACTIONS then Session Information.
- New Finish button at the top of the Signing screen. The Finish button is now also at the top of the page and is always active. If someone attempts to submit before the envelope is complete it will redirect them to the required fields.
Why am I not seeing the new Signing version?
New Signing does not support the following and will fallback/revert to older Signing:
- Freeform Signing
- Shared Fields
- CFR part 11
- Document MarkUp
- Digital Signature
- Internet Explorer 8
What Screen Readers are supported?
- NVDA with Firefox
- Jaws with IE
Who does this impact?
All existing customers will be automatically transitioned to the DocuSign Signing Experience, unless they use eNotary or Digital Signature functionalities.
For customers that need to remain on the previous version of the signing experience for functionality reasons, customers must reach out to Signing Team Management (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be approved on the exempt list.
What is the timeline for roll out?
The DocuSign Signing Experience is live in demo environments as of October 12th, 2017 and will be available in production on November 14, 2017. Simultaneously, DocuSign will sunset the previous signing experience that date. Any customers that have not adopted the latest version will be mandatory transitioned to it on October 25, 2017.
Sign, Signing, New Signing, Recipient View, V2, V02, V02R, Accessibility, Disability, Mobile, Responsive