Session Timeout FAQ - "Session Has Expired" error
When browsing a website that is database driven and requires a login to a secure page such as DocuSign, you may get a "Session Expired" or "Session Has Expired" error message for one of a few reasons.
If you have not been doing anything on the page for a set length of time (often 10-30 min) the server will time out your session. This is often done for security reasons and to help increase the overall speed of the web page. In other words, if you were browsing the page and get up and leave, go to lunch, or start browsing other pages when you come back, you will need to log in again and create a new session.
Please make sure that you are not currently logged into your DocuSign account in multiple browser sessions. This includes signing an envelope, accessing your account from another browser, using another integration, or using a mobile device are all reasons your session can end.
If you are browsing anonymously or your browser does not have cookies enabled it can cause many sessions to fail. Make sure your Internet cookies are enabled.
- Specifically: Allow per session cookies.
Date or time not correct
Make sure the date and time are properly set on your computer.
- Users accessing the Internet behind a Proxy Server must enable HTTP 1.1 settings via proxy connection.
- Firewall settings must allow access to the servers http://*.docusign.com and https://docucdn-a.akamaihd.net
- Firewall settings must allow access to the IP ranges listed on https://www.docusign.com/trust/security/esignature
- Other site related issues: if this issue is only occurring on http://*.docusign.com and you're not encountering any of the related issues listed above, it could be an issue with the DocuSign site. In that case, please contact DocuSign Support.
Signing while using Safari
If are Signing using the Safari Browser, you may have session timeout issues.
To fix this, follow these steps:
- From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.
- Click Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Click Develop > Empty Caches.