Send a document with two signers who share the same email address in DocuSign Transaction Rooms
When working within DocuSign Transaction Rooms, many users need to send documents out for signature to multiple people who share one email address. As an example, email addresses are sometimes shared in small offices and by married couples.
Our current version of DocuSign Transaction Rooms only allows one person to be associated with an email address. There is, however, a feature that allows Envelope creation, with multiple recipients using the same email address.
Send a document for signature when multiple recipients use the same email address
- From your web browser, create a transaction room and insert the desired documents.
- From within the transaction room, click the People tab.
- Click Add and either invite via email or your DTR Network.
- Invite one of the parties that share the email address to the transaction room. For example, John and Jane are married and share email@example.com. Invite John to the transaction room, not Jane.
- Click the Envelopes tab.
- Click Create to start a new envelope.
- Enter a Name and Subject for the envelope, then click Create.
- Edit the envelope details as desired, when finished, click Add in the Documents area.
- Select the desired documents, then click Save.
- Click Add Recipients in the Recipients section, choose Room Participants, then add John as a recipient and click Save.
- Click Add Recipients, choose Email Address, and enter Jane and firstname.lastname@example.org in the respective areas for Name and Email.
- Click Sign, to assign Jane a signing responsibility, or leave as is, if she needs to sign, and then click Next.
13. Tag the document for all parties. Click the drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner, to switch between recipients.
14. After tagging, click Send and follow the prompts to send the document.
For further DocuSign Transaction Rooms Help & Support, please contact us via one of the following methods: