**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Salesforce permissions required for full access to the DocuSign Admin tab
As a Salesforce Administrator, I want to grant a user the ability to administer just the DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce package, without necessarily having full Salesforce Admin permissions. What Salesforce permissions are required in order to do this?
For a Salesforce user to have access to all of the features within the DocuSign Admin object in Salesforce, they will need the Manage Users permission. The catch is that this permission must be granted as part of a Permission Profile (Administer > Manage Users > Profiles), and not part of a Permission Set. If granted as part of a Permission Set, DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce will not recognize the permission, and will not show all of the features to the user.
To create a Permission Profile in Salesforce, use the following steps:
- Log into Salesforce as a System Administrator.
- Open Setup - Users - Profiles - New Profile.
- Name it and clone an existing profile of your choosing.
- Configure permissions as desired in any way.
- Open System Permissions.
- Ensure that the box marked Manage Users at the bottom is checked and save. Note that enabling this setting enables several other nearby check boxes in the default environment configuration.
- If related settings can be set independently, further testing may be required to identify which setting is required.
- Log in as that profile and find that the DocuSign Admin tab now shows all administrative tabs.
Related Settings in System Permissions Traditionally Enabled by Manage Users
- Reset User Passwords and Unlock Users
- View All Users
- Manage Profiles and Permission Sets
- Assign Permission Sets
- Manage Roles
- Manage IP Addresses
- Manage Sharing
- View Setup and Configuration
- Manage Internal Users
- Manage Password Policies
- Manage Login Access Policies
- Manage Two-Factor Authentication in User Interface