Issues Using Print Driver v3.x from XenApp or XenDesktopThere are two issues that may occur when you start Print Driver from XenApp or XenDesktop:
- You must log in each time you start Print Driver
- You must accept Terms and Conditions each time you start Print Driver
Note: The log-in issue applies only to Print Driver v22.214.171.124, which is the first version to allow automatic log-in when Print Driver starts.
The following are only the basic steps to install Citrix User Profile Management (UPM) for XenApp and XenDesktop. Refer to the official Citrix documentation for the detailed steps for your specific version of XenApp or XenDesktop.
Note: If you have already set up UPM, go to Step 4.
Step 1: Download the package
Download the latest version of Citrix UPM from the Citrix download page, and then select the UPM for your version of XenApp or XenDesktop.
- XenApp: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xenapp/
- XenDesktop: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/xendesktop/
- Log on to the computer with administrator privileges.
- Locate and run the appropriate installer from the download package. The installation wizard appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard.
- Restart the computer.
Step 3: Add the .adm or .admx group policy definitions
- On the domain controller, do one of the following:
- Import the .adm file. The file is located in the GPO folder in the download package.
- Copy the .admx file from the GPO folder in the download package to the C:Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder and copy the .adml file to the C:Windows\PolicyDefinitions\<localized folder>.
- On the computer you want to use to configure Profile management, open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Identify the Organizational Units (OUs) containing the computers on which you want to install Profile management. For information on how to configure Profile management to work in your existing OU structure, see this Citrix article, Administer profiles within and across OUs.
- In Group Policy Management, create a Group Policy Object (GPO) and link it to each OU. Note: If you apply security filtering to the GPO, do so using either the Authenticated Users group or a computer group. Do not use a security group that only contains individual users.
- Edit the GPO in Group Policy Editor:
- Expand Computer Configuration and right-click Administrative Templates under the GPO.
- Click Add/Remove Templates, and then click Add.
- Browse to the .adm or .admx file that you previously imported or copied and click Open.
- Click Close. This creates a Citrix folder and a Profile Management subfolder that stores the settings from the .adm or .admx file.
Step 4: Configurations
In Group Policy Management, under Profile Management, configure the following:
- Enable Profile Management.
- Enable Active Writeback.
- Enable Profile Streaming.
- Enable Directory Synchronization, and add the following directories: