Icons missing in DocuSign when using Internet Explorer
When I navigate DocuSign I notice that my account is missing certain icons or the icons disappear after clicking on a certain element on the webpage. This only appears to occur while using Internet Explorer.
DocuSign uses icons via two methods. One is via an image/file type called SVG and another is via a method called font icons. Internet Explorer has a known issue with rendering these types of files depending on the browser settings. Chrome, Safari and most other modern browsers do not have this same limitation.
Note: Please consult with your local IT team prior to making these changes.
A majority of the time this issue can be resolved by enabling the Internet Explorer setting "Allow font download". To enable this, the following steps can be taken:
If that does not work, another setting may be the culprit where Windows itself blocks untrusted fonts. Here is a Microsoft article explaining this setting.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right of Internet Explorer (Tools, Alt+x)
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Security" tab
- Select the appropriate zone that DocuSign.com/DocuSign.net is in (this is usually in "Internet" or "Trusted sites")
- Select "Custom level..."
- Select the radio button under "Downloads, Font Download" for "Enable"
- Click "OK"
- Click "OK" again