I am having trouble logging in
Possible cause(s) for login issues
- Outdated browser
- Caps Lock key enabled
- Cached login credentials in browser
- Security lockout
- Forgotten password
- Multiple accounts
- Company login (SSO) issue
- Login never completes
- Logging in directs the user to a blank white page
Update to a modern browser
If you are experiencing issues connecting to DocuSign, please ensure you are using a modern supported browser.
Caps Lock key is enabled
- Open Notepad or other text based editor.
- Type some text to determine if your Caps Lock key is active.
- If all text is uppercase, disable Caps Lock on your keyboard and retry login.
Cached login credentials in browser
Try a different browser
List of browsers compatible with DocuSign
Windows 8+ Credential Manager
Delete your cached login credentials from the Windows Credential Manager. Depending on your version of Windows, your Operating System may be using a locally cached set of user credentials to log in. In some cases these stored credentials can replace the ones used when logging into DocuSign. Note: The Web Credentials section is not present in Windows 7, this applies only to Windows 8 and 10
- Go to the Windows Start Menu. Type: Manage Windows Credentials.
- Click Web Credentials. Search through the list of stored passwords and find the one related to DocuSign.
- Click the Entry once, then click Remove.
- Troubleshooting cached login credentials in Internet Explorer
- Troubleshooting cached login credentials in Safari
- Troubleshooting cached login credentials in Microsoft Edge
- Troubleshooting cached login credentials in Google Chrome
- Troubleshooting cached login credentials in Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer Security Warning When Trying to Login
For all DocuSign accounts, there is a limited allowance for failed login attempts before the account is locked. If you enter an incorrect password a certain number of times in a short period, you will be locked out from logging in for a period of time.
- If you wait a short period of time and try again, you should be able to access your account.
- Continuing to enter the wrong password may extend the lockout duration even further.
- DocuSign will not provide a visual indication if you have been locked out for security purposes. An indicator will tell someone if you have a DocuSign account or not.
- *Different rules may apply to your account to be compliant with certain security standards such as FedRamp and/or 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines.
Forgotten Password / Multiple Accounts
Choose the situation that best applies to you:
- I forgot my password. See the instructions to reset your password.
- I know my password but I want to change it. To change your login credentials, see Change Your Email Address and Change Your Password.
- I have multiple accounts and don't remember which log-in and password goes with which account:
- Contact your DocuSign Administrator requesting a password reset.
- If the DocuSign Administrator is not available, contact DocuSign Support through our Contact Support Webform for assistance.
Company login (SSO) issue
Note: DocuSign Support is not responsible for knowing the exact configuration of settings required by your companies Identity Provider. The organization administrator of the DocuSign account should be aware of these requirements. Please contact your IT department for initial troubleshooting.
- How to View a SAML Response in Your Browser for Troubleshooting
- DocuSign SSO - The issuing identity provider is not registered with DocuSign
- DocuSign SSO - Identity Provider Settings
- How to exclude specific users from SSO requirements?
Login never completes
First try clearing the browsers cache and cookies.
If, the DocuSign logo appears but the screen never progresses. This is often due to a firewall restriction. Please contact your IT department to investigate.
System Requirements: DocuSign uses a CDN to deliver some parts of the eSignature experience. Please have your IT department add the following as a trusted URL: CDN (akamai) URL (https://docucdn-a.akamaihd.net/).
User is directed to a blank page after attempting to log in
While this may appear to be a login issue it is not related. Read Blank white page when attempting to log into DocuSign for additional information.
Keywords: DocuSign, Login, Log In, Access, Credentials, Password, Cached, Error, Failed, Failure, Locked