How to resolve a document upload error by printing the document to a new PDFBelow is a how-to guide for printing a problematic PDF to a new PDF. This process "flattens" and re-generates the file to fix common causes of upload issues. For additional assistance, please see Article: Issues Uploading Documents - Common Errors, Causes, and Solutions
If you receive a Document Upload Error, you may need to flatten the document before uploading.
To flatten a document, follow these steps:
- Open the PDF in your preferred PDF viewer. Note: Your steps may vary depending on the PDF viewer you use.
- Click the File menu, then click Print.
- Select a PDF Writer from the Printer list, then click Print. Common PDF writers include Adobe PDF and Foxit Reader PDF Printer.
- When prompted, choose a name for the file, then click Save.
- Upload the new file to DocuSign.