How to resolve DocuSign for Salesforce 'error: no protocol' after upgrading to v6.4.x
After upgrading to DocuSign for Salesforce v6.4.x you receive the below error when using the Send With DocuSign button.
Error: no protocol: restapi/v2/accounts/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/custom_fields
Re-enter your DocuSign and Connect Users' credentials in the DocuSign Admin Tab
- Click the DocuSign Admin Tab > Account
- Scroll down and click Modify Account Configuration
- Enter your DocuSign Admin User Credentials > Choose correct environment > Click Log In
- Enter your Salesforce Admin User Credentials (your Connect user) > Select I agree... > Click Connect
- Attempt to use the Send With DocuSign button again.
After refreshing your Salesforce Sandbox Organization all DocuSign for Salesforce Production data is pulled over. You will need to reestablish the connection from your Sandbox to your DEMO DocuSign Account. In order to do so it is advised to delete any Production instances of the DocuSignAccountConfigurations object.
Important: The following should only be performed by a Salesforce System Administrator who is familiar with the organization's integration. Please use caution if your integration is customized in any way.
InstructionsNote: If you already added the DocuSign Account Configurations Tab please skip to Step #6
- Log into your Salesforce Sandbox and go to Setup > Create > Tabs
- Next to Custom Object Tabs, Click New
- Select DocuSignAccountConfigurations from the dropdown menu > Choose a Tab Style > Click Next
- You likely do not want to add this tab to all Profiles, therefore first next to Apply one tab visibility to all profiles Select Default Off from the dropdown. This will set all Profiles to Default Off. Now, Select Apply a different tab visibility for each profile > Locate System Administrator in the list > Select Default On > Click Next
- You only need to add this Tab to the DocuSign for Salesforce App. Therefore, Deselect Include Tab in the header row, then locate DocuSign for Salesforce in the list > Select Include Tab > Click Save
Now that the DocuSignAccountConfigurations Tab has been created, you need to delete any existing instances of the object.
- Click the DocuSign Account Configurations Tab
- Important: Make sure the dropdown is set to All and click Go (to ensure you have all of the object instances in view)
- Click Del and confirm deletion next to each instance
- Click the DocuSign Admin Tab. This will take you through the initial configuration steps to reconfigure your Sandbox back to your DocuSign DEMO Account. If you need assistance at this point please see DocuSign for Salesforce Administration Guide
Keywords: docusign for salesforce, dfs, salesforce, connect, error, no protocol, custom_fields invalid credentials, administration, solution