How to Schedule a Task for Retrieve using the Task Scheduler in Windows
- Open Retrieve.
- Log in and set up your query, just as you would do if you wanted to run it right now.
- Select Tools menu and choose ‘Console Script Builder’
- You will get an output of your current query. Notice the /span parameter in the query is set to -1.
- Copy the bottom part that is highlighted above. This is what you will need for the Windows task scheduler.
- Open up Task Scheduler (press the Start menu button and type ‘task’ in the search, it should be the first option)
- Click the Create Task option on the right hand side.
- Under the General tab, enter a name for your task.
- Under the Triggers tab, click new and choose a time schedule for your task to run. Most people will want this to run nightly, or possibly weekly/monthly. Please select your desired settings.
- Under the Actions tab, click new.
- In the Action drop down, make sure it is set to ‘Start a Program’
- For ‘Program/Script’ specify the path to Retrieve "C:\Program Files (x86)\DocuSign, Inc\Retrieve 3.2\DocuSignRetrieve.exe" with the quotes. (You may also need to paste the folder in Start In without the quotes.)
- In ‘Add Arguments’ paste your script but DO NOT include DocuSignRetrieve.exe
Example: /endpoint "Production" /userid "firstname.lastname@example.org" /password "******" /accountid "1234567" /span "-1" /spanfilter "Completed" /fieldlog "EnvelopeId:Subject:SSN:Data Field 1" /nstyle "Subject" /save "ZipFile" /dir "C:\Users\john.doe\Desktop\Fetch test\4-4 test" /includeheaders "true"
- Under the Conditions tab, configure your desired settings.
- Under the Settings tab, configure your desired settings.
- Click OK.