How do I specify a URL to redirect to when a PowerForm is completed?
You need to specify a custom destination URL for a PowerForm signer on signing complete.
- You will need to be an DocuSign Admin
- You will need custom Branding enabled on your account
There are two possible experiences for destination URLs. The first signer and any subsequent signers are handled differently. When using a direct PowerForm, the first signer is an "embedded" or "in-session" signer in an envelope.
- For the first signer - In-Session Landing Pages take precedence over the destination URLs defined for the signing brand as follows:
- For a direct PowerForm the recipient is an embedded signer and will either be redirected to the specified In-Session Landing Pages (if defined), or they will go to the DocuSign default destination pages.
- For a PowerForm that uses email validation, the first signer is no longer an embedded signer and will experience the same behavior as subsequent signers as explained below.
- For subsequent signers - Signing brand URLs are applied.
To specify post-signing destinations for first, embedded signers, also known as "in-session" signers
In DocuSign Admin, click Signing Settings.
Click In-session Landing Pages. Make the desired changes and click Save. If you have custom URLs for your in-session landing pages, enter the URL in appropriate field and save. Note that in-session landing pages supersede any destination URLs you may have defined in the Signing brand that is applied to the PowerForm's associated template.
To specify post-signing destinations for subsequent signers, or for the first, embedded signer of a direct PowerForm (if no in-session Destination URLs are defined), or for the first signer of an email validation PowerForm
- In DocuSign Admin, click Brands. (Learn more about these steps in the guide about Branding.)
- Locate the signing brand you want to configure and click the action menu and select Edit.
- In the Advanced Configuration section, click Destination URLs.
- In the Configure Destinations dialog, for each action you want to configure:
- Click in the value box.
- Enter the complete URL of the web page you want to direct signers to for the specified action. Example: https://www.google.com
- (Optional) To add merge fields to the URL string enter a question mark (?) at the end of the web page URL, then add a query string with the name/value pairs of the contextual parameters you want to pass to the landing page. Click the INSERT MERGE FIELD drop down to select the field to insert. Example: https://www.google.com?name=[[RecipentName]]&email=[[RecipientEmail]]
- (Optional) To reset any destination to the DocuSign default, simply delete your custom entry in the field.
- To finish and save your changes, click SAVE.