How do I sign a document with the DocuSign for Gmail add-on?
Using the DocuSign for Gmail add-on to send an envelope for signatureAfter you have installed and configured the DocuSign for Gmail add-on, you are ready to sign attachments you received in your email.
To sign a document
- Open any Gmail message which includes at least one compatible attachment.
- Please note the DocuSign for Gmail add-on only supports signing files up to 25 MB in the following formats: .tif, .rtf, .pdf, .docx, and .doc.
- Click the DocuSign add-on logo on the right
- Select which document(s) you would like to sign
- Note: All attachments in the email will be selected by default. De-select any which you do not want to sign.
- Select who needs to sign. You are selected by default, so no action is needed here.
- Click Next to launch a new tab where you can sign your document using Free Form Signing.
- Once you click Finish, the new tab will close and you will be returned to your Gmail message with a few follow-up options:
- Select SEND BY EMAIL to start a new Gmail draft with the completed document attached
- Select VIEW AND DOWNLOAD to see your completed envelope in a new tab where you can print or download.
- Select OK to return to the main add-on menu.