How do I send a PDF with form fields?
When you start a new document, if you upload a PDF that has form fields, DocuSign recognizes and converts the fields to DocuSign recipient fields.
To add a PDF with form fields
- Start a new document as described in Start a Document, and upload the PDF with form fields.
- To add the recipients and messages, follow the regular procedures described in Add Recipients and Add Messages.
- Click NEXT >.
The Add Fields view appears with your document, showing the FORM FIELDS DETECTED panel on the left. The converted PDF form fields have a blue outline.
- To assign the converted fields to a recipient, do one of the following:
- If your document has only one recipient, select ASSIGN in the Form Fields panel.
- If your document has multiple recipients, select the ASSIGN drop-down and select the desired recipient.
- To convert the contents of the form fields from the original PDF form into a permanent, read-only part of your document, select FLATTEN.
- To delete the converted fields from your document, click DELETE FIELDS. All of the form fields, and any data they contain, are removed from your document.
- Colored flags on the pages in the Page Guide indicate that assigned fields exist on the page.
- When you are finished preparing your document, to send it, click SEND. To save a draft without sending, click OTHER ACTIONS, and then select SAVE AND CLOSE.