How do I manage the watermark for In Process envelopes sent from my account?
Using the Watermark Feature
There might be times that senders want ensure that certain transactions are signed online and that printed copies of in-process documents display a watermark to show that document signing is not complete.
The Watermark feature is designed to ensure that in-process transactions cannot be printed and signed on paper and that any saved or printed in-process documents display a watermark.
Note: The Watermark feature is only supported on specific DocuSign plans. Your current account may not support this option. To access this functionality, contact your Account Manager to upgrade your account.
When the Watermark feature is active and document signing is not complete, a watermark is displayed on the face of each page of the document when a printable version of the document is downloaded.
When all recipients have signed the document, the watermark is removed from the printable version of the document.
IMPORTANT: If the Watermark feature is active and the recipient elects to "Print & Sign," the watermark does not appear on the copy of the documents which they download for wet signature.
Configuring the Watermark Feature
- As a DocuSign Administrator, select Admin from the top menu.
- In the navigation pane on the left side of the page, under the "Signing and Sending" heading, click Signing Settings.
- Click the hyperlink for Watermark Configuration below "Signing Experience."
- If you do not see this option, please contact your Account Manager to upgrade to a plan which supports this feature.
- Check the box for "Apply watermarks to documents that are still in progress" to enable in-process Watermarks. Alternately, un-check this box if you wish to disable the feature.
- Select the appearance options for the watermark (font style, font color, font size, transparency, and orientation).
- Type the watermark message.
- The maximum length of the watermark message is dependent on font style, size, and orientation. Always remember to check the Preview to confirm how your watermark will display before saving.
Click Preview to see an example of how the watermark will appear if the document is printed before it is completely signed.
- Review the information and make any necessary changes.
Click Save to save the watermark.