How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature? (iOS and Android)
Changing your signature style or creating a signature in DocuSign is a great way to customize and personalize the signing process.
Using the DocuSign native applications for iOS or Android, you can draw or take a picture of your signature to use in all of your signing sessions.
When you sign for the first time in DocuSign, you're asked to adopt a signature, but this can be changed at any time.
To adopt a custom signature, follow these steps:
- Login in to your DocuSign application
- On the home screen is the heading QUICK ACTIONS (you made need to scroll down past a list of recent documents)
- Choose Create/Edit Your Signature (note: Android app looks similar but here you may need to scroll past 'Recent Documents' to get to Quick Actions shown below)
- You can now choose to draw your signature with a finger or stylus. Alternatively, the option at the bottom allows you to take a photo of your signature (Android will give you the option to take a photo prior to this screen).
- Here is a signature that was created by drawing with a finger. Note the "Adopt" button in the upper right that completes the signature creation.
- Below you can see the view presented when taking a picture of your signature for upload, followed by the contrast adjustment screen.
- Congratulations, you've created your signature!
To delete or change your existing signature (iOS):
- Use the menu button to access more options, then choose Identity (on Android from this left side menu you will click your profile picture or name/email).
- You will now be presented with you Identity page, including any image you've chosen of yourself. Click directly on either your signature or initials to edit one of them (on Android you need to click the pencil icon in the upper right to edit first then you can select your signature).
- Now follow the same steps as creating a new signature!