How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?
Changing your signature style or creating a signature in DocuSign is a great way to customize and personalize the signing process. DocuSign features a set pre-defined signature styles to choose from. You can also draw your signature with a mouse to use in all of your signing sessions. When you sign for the first time in DocuSign, you're asked to adopt a signature, but this can be changed at any time.
If you have an existing DocuSign account, you can update your signature during Signing or in your Account Preferences.
Change Signature while Signing
Simply click on the adopted signature in the document and choose Change.
You may not see this option for following reasons.
- You do not have an active DocuSign Account
- You are signing using:
- DocuSign Mobile Apps
- In Person Signing Session
- Digital Signatures/Universal Signatures (CFR part 11, etc.)
- Sign and Return
- Sender has locked recipients names
Change Signature in Account - My Preferences
To change your signature style or adopt a custom signature, follow these steps:
- From your DocuSign Account, click your Profile image, then click Manage Profile.
- Choose Signatures.
- Click Delete to remove an existing signature, or + Add New to create a new signature.
- Enter your name and initials exactly as you want them to appear in your signature, then select one of the following options:
- CHOOSE - select any of the pre-formatted signature styles.
- DRAW - create a freehand drawing of your signature and initials.
- UPLOAD - upload your own signature and initials image files.
- When finished, click CREATE to accept the new signature and initial style.
- You can only have one signature per full name.
- If you choose to adopt a new signature, it will delete and replace the previous signature.