How do I downgrade or close my account?You would like to downgrade or close your account. Have you considered all of the options available to you? DocuSign has a variety of plans to choose from to fit your needs.
- Should I downgrade or close my account?
- Account Closure Requirements
- Account Downgrade / Closure Steps
When you sign up for a DocuSign plan, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions for Use of DocuSign Service Plans. This agreement contains important information about fees and payment terms, return of balances, account terms, and terminations. We can only process cancellations and refunds according to the terms specified there.
We generally recommend downgrading your account to a free plan, rather than closing it. This will enable you to retain access to your existing completed documents, however it will limit your ability to send future documents.
Note: Free accounts can only have a single user.
As an alternative we offer the option to downgrade your plan to a lower paid plan. This can be done on the Plan Change page, using these steps.
If you decide to close your account, we recommend that you download all of your documents, as they will not be accessible after cancellation/closure.
|Change to||Features no longer accessible||Features retained|
|Free||Templates, Reports, Custom Fields, Multiple Users, Sending||Envelope History (both sent and signed), Saved Signatures|
|Paid||We offer a variety of plans to suit your needs||We offer a variety of plans to suit your needs|
|Closed||Access to envelope history, Saved signatures, Ability to download completed documents from within DocuSign||None|
- You must be a DocuSign Account Administrator.
- Certain DocuSign account plans allow you to change your plan from directly within your account. If you do not see the option to Change Plan under Settings | Plan and Billing, you may need to contact your administrator or submit a support case.
- Note: If you have purchased your DocuSign account subscription through iTunes or Google Play please follow the steps outlined in the corresponding article below:
User – without a Settings tab
Contact your DocuSign Account Administrator to close your membership.
Administrator – with the option to "Change Plan" under Settings | Plan and Billing:
- Visit https://account.docusign.com/.
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Select the Settings tab from the top menu.
- Navigate to Plan and Billing and click on the Change Plan link.
- To close your account, scroll down to section Close Account and click on Close Account. As an alternative to closing your account, you can downgrade your account to free by clicking on Cancel Subscription.
- Follow the remaining prompts.
Note: When cancelling or downgrading a pre-paid subscription, your account will be changed at the end of the subscription term. No further action is required.
Administrator – without the option to "Change Plan" under Settings | Plan and Billing:
Submit a support case with your request for processing account closures, plan changes, and refunds.
The following information will be required in order to process your request:
- DocuSign Account number
- Account administrators email address
- Last 4 digits of the credit card number
- Contact phone number
If you opt to Close your Account, choose one of the following:
- MOVE TO FREE: Keep access to your documents and unlimited signing.
- CLOSE ACCOUNT: Closing your account removes all access to your documents. You will lose access to:
- All documents waiting for others to sign
- All completed documents
- All draft documents
- All templates
- Your custom signature