Homes.com Guide - DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate
DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate and Homes.com GuideUSER GUIDE
Authorize DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate in Homes.com
Follow these steps
- Login to your Homes.com account and access your App Dashboard.
- On the Dashboard, click Partners under Listings or Leads & Contacts.
- On the Partners page, under DocuSign Transaction Rooms, click Connect.
- After connecting your DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate Account, you are prompted to log in.
- After you’ve successfully logged in, you are redirected to Homes.com where you can verify that your account is connected and has been authorized.
Create a Transaction Room in Homes.com
Follow these steps to create a Room from within Homes.com.
- On the Dashboard, click Contact Manager (under Leads & Contacts) or Listings (under Listings).
- On the right-hand side of the Contact or Listing you're creating a Room for, click the gear icon.
Option 1 – Contact Manager
Enter the required information, and then click Continue. You are then prompted to select Continue to DocuSign.
Note: These options may vary based on how you create your Room (i.e. Leads & Contacts, Listing).
Your DocuSign Rooms dashboard opens. From there, click the Transactions tab, and the new listing will be the first transaction on the page.
Create a Listing from Transaction Rooms
Follow these steps to create a listing from Transaction Rooms from Homes.com information. Note: The Broker must contact their Transaction Rooms Account Manger to ask for the integration to be turned on from within Transaction Rooms to take advantage of the following capability.
- In DocuSign Rooms, under the Transactions tab, click New.
- In the New Transaction Room dialog box, select the Data Source drop down menu, and then select Homes.com. After you select the Data Source, select an address from your Homes.com active listings, which will automatically populate the property details.
- When the Transaction Room is created, you’ll also be able to access Homes.com directly from the listing. Click Actions in the top right, and then select the Go to Homes.com link.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Check out these frequently asked questions.
What fields are pushed to DocuSign Rooms from Homes.com?
All fields recorded for each listing are pushed from Homes.com to Transaction Rooms.
Which system can I create a room in?
You can create a Transaction Room from within Homes.com (through a Contact or Listing), or from within DocuSign Rooms.
Why am I receiving this error message when creating a transaction from Homes.com?
Your company admin set specific requirements to create a transaction that are outside of the Homes.com parameters. For more information on updating your settings in DocuSign Rooms, click here. Note: For any integrations whereby the user can create a Transaction Room from a third party system (like Homes.com), it is recommended that the Company Admin not set ANY fields to Required to Create. This is because each third party system has different fields available, and of those, only some come over to DocuSign Transaction Rooms as part of the integration, so they may not have all the necessary fields to line up with what they made required on our side. It’s best to just make those items Required to Submit.
Why am I occasionally being directed to my DocuSign Rooms dashboard and other times to the new Transaction Room (listing)?
If you are already logged into DocuSign Rooms when creating a Contact or a Listing from Homes.com, You are directed to the Transaction Room when creating a Transaction Room or entering the Transaction Room.
If you have not logged into your DocuSign Rooms account, you are prompted to log in, and then you are directed to your DocuSign Rooms dashboard. The new Transaction will be available in the New Transaction section of the dashboard.
Why don’t I see the "Go to Homes.com" Link in my Transaction Room Actions menu?
If you do not see the Go to Homes.com link from the Transaction Rooms menu, there is a good chance that the integration has not be enabled on our end. Contact your Account Manager or our Support team to enable the integration.
Why don’t I see the Data Source drop down menu nor the Select a Listing drop down menu when I create a new Transaction Room?
If you do not see Homes.com in the Data Source drop down menu, there is a good chance that the integration has not be enabled on our end. Contact your Account Manager or our Support team to enable the integration.