DocuSign Transaction Rooms - Homes.com Guide
DocuSign Transaction Rooms and Homes.com Guide
Authorizing DocuSign Transaction Rooms in Homes.com
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to authorize DocuSign Transaction Rooms within your Homes.com Account.
1) Login to your Homes.com account and access your App Dashboard.
2) When in the Dashboard, click on Partners under Listings and/or Leads & Contacts.
3) Once in the Partners page, click on Connect under DocuSign Transaction Rooms.
4) After connecting your DocuSign Transaction Rooms Account, you will be prompted to log in.
5) Once you’ve successfully logged in, it will direct you back to Homes.com and let you know that your account has been authorized.
Creating a Transaction Room in Homes.com
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a Transaction Room out of Homes.com.
1) Click on Contact Manager or Listings from the Dashboard.
2) Click on the cogwheel on the right-hand side of the Contact or Listing you are creating a Transaction Room for.
Option 1 – Contact Manager
Option 2 – Listing
3) You will need to enter in the required fields and click continue. It will then prompt you to select Continue to DocuSign.
Note: These options may vary based on how you create your Transaction Room (i.e. Leads & Contacts, Listing).
4) It will open to your DocuSign Transaction Rooms dashboard. From there, open your Transactions Tab, the new listing will be the first transaction on the page.
Creating a Listing from Transaction Rooms
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a listing from Transaction Rooms from Homes.com information. NOTE: The Broker must reach out to their Transaction Rooms Account Manger to ask for the integration to be turned on from within Transaction Rooms to take advantage of the following capability.
- In DocuSign Transaction Rooms, under the Transactions tab, click New.
- In the New Transaction Room modal, you’ll select the dropdown Data Source then Homes.com. Once you select your Data Source, you can then select an address from your Homes.com active listings, which will automatically populate the property details.
- When the Transaction Room is created, you’ll also be able to access Homes.com directly from the listing. Click on Actions in the top right and then select the Go to Homes.com link.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Check out these frequently asked questions.
What fields are being pushed over to DocuSign Transaction Rooms from Homes.com?
The fields being pushed over from Homes.com to Transaction Rooms varies based on what type of Transaction Room you are creating.
If you are creating a new transaction from a Listing:
- Zip Code
If you are creating a new transaction from a Contact:
- Name of Buyer or Seller
- Email Address
Which system can I create a room in?
You can create a Transaction Room from within Homes.com (via a Contact or Listing), or from within DocuSign Transaction Rooms.
Why am I receiving this error message when creating a transaction from Homes.com?
Your company admin set specific requirements to create a transaction that are outside of the Homes.com parameters. For more information on updating your settings in DocuSign Transaction Rooms, click here. NOTE: For any integrations whereby the user can create a Transaction Room from a third party system (like Homes.com), it is recommended that the Company Admin not set ANY fields to Required to Create. This is because each third party system has different fields available, and of those, only some come over to DocuSign Transaction Rooms as part of the integration, so they may not have all the necessary fields to line up with what they made required on our side. It’s best to just make those items Required to Submit.
Why am I occasionally being directed to my DocuSign Transaction Rooms dashboard and other times to the new Transaction Room (listing)?
If you are already logged into DocuSign Transaction Rooms when creating a Contact or a Listing from Homes.com, it will direct you to the Transaction Room when creating a Transaction Room and/or entering the Transaction Room
If you have not logged into your DocuSign Transaction Rooms account, it will prompt you to log in and then you will be directed to your DocuSign Transaction Rooms dashboard. The new Transaction will be available in the New Transaction section of the dashboard.
Why don’t I see the ‘Go to Homes.com’ Link in my Transaction Room Actions menu?
If you do not see the Go to Homes.com link from the Transaction Rooms menu, there is a good chance that the integration has not be enabled on our end. Please reach out to your Account Manager or to our Support team to enable the integration.
Why don’t I see the Data Source dropdown nor the Select a Listing dropdown when I create a new Transaction Room?
If you do not see Homes.com in the Data Source dropdown, there is a good chance that the integration has not be enabled on our end. Please reach out to your Account Manager or to our Support team to enable the integration.