**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Unable to send envelopes containing merge fields -Invalid_Session_ID
This article pertains to DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce.
Issue“Invalid_Session_ID: This session is not valid for use with the API” error message is received when performing one of the following actions:
- Trying to send an envelope containing merge fields from Salesforce
- Trying to create a merge field from the DocuSign console
- Trying to access the Salesforce Connect configuration
- Document Status and Recipient Status are not coming back into Salesforce
CauseSalesforce doesn’t accept the API traffic coming from Connect due to an authentication issue. This issue is caused by the option “Session security level required at login” being set to “High Assurance” in the profile of the Connect user in Salesforce. This would impact any API integrations with Salesforce.
SolutionIn Salesforce, modify the Connect user’s profile to remove “High Assurance” for the option “Session security level required at login”.
Steps to modify an existing profile in Salesforce:
- To modify an existing profile in Salesforce, go to Setup.
- Under Manage Users, click Profiles.
- Select the Profile that needs to be modified and click Edit.
- Go to Session Settings.
- Change the option ”Session security level required at login” from ”High Assurance” to ”None.”
- Click Save at the bottom.