**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Merge Field Recipe to Add Account Name to Document
**This issue pertains to legacy DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce.**
This article will walk you through populating the Account name on an envelope sent from an Opportunity. This is not out of the box functionality for our legacy package and is outside of Support scope. This is supported in the updated DocuSign Apps Launcher version of DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce.
The first thing you need to do is create a custom tag:
- From Salesforce, click on DocuSign Admin tab.
- Click on Custom Tags. This section will display all your merge fields, custom tags and shared custom tags.
- Click New to create a new Custom Tag.
- Type a name for the custom tag in the Custom Tag Name field: “Opportunity Account Name”.
- Select the Relate to Salesforce checkbox to begin mapping to the data in Salesforce. The Salesforce Object lists appear below the checkbox.
- In the first drop-down list, select the Salesforce Object that the document will be sent from. In this example it’s Opportunity.
- Select the information from the Opportunity that you want to bring into the document. In this case since it’s the account name, select Account from the drop-down list, and then Account Name.
Now that I’ve set up a custom tag, let’s verify that it works:
- Select an Opportunity
- Click on Send with DocuSign button.
- Make sure you have a document and recipient specified, then click Next.
- Click on Custom to access the Custom Tag list.
- Drag and Drop the tag onto the document and you should see the Salesforce value appear in the text field.
- The custom tag names should reflect the data it is mapping. This will help your users easily identify the correct tag for each use case.
- If the tags were working at one point and suddenly stop working, first thing to check is the Connect settings. If your DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce configuration changes, it will impact how merge fields function.