**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Merge Field Recipe to Add Account Name to Document
Product Recipes: Merge Fields
From Opportunity populate Account Name onto a documentLet’s say I need to send a document out of an Opportunity in Salesforce and I want to automatically populate the Account Name onto that document.
The first thing I need to do is create a custom tag:
- From the force.com apps drop-down list, select DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce:
- Click on DocuSign Admin tab.
- Click on Custom Tags. This section will display all your merge fields, custom tags and shared custom tags.
- Click New to create a new Custom Tag.
- Type a name for the custom tag in the Custom Tag Name field: “Opportunity Account Name”.
- Select the Relate to Salesforce checkbox to begin mapping to the data in Salesforce. The Salesforce Object lists appear below the checkbox.
- In the first drop-down list, select the Salesforce Object that the document will be sent from. In this example it’s Opportunity.
- Select the information from the Opportunity that I want to bring into the document. In this case since it’s the account name, I select Account from the drop-down list, and then Account Name:
Now that I’ve set up a custom tag, let’s verify that it works:
- Select an Opportunity
- Click on Send with DocuSign button.
- Make sure you have a document and recipient specified, then click Next.
- Click on Custom to access the Custom Tag list.
- Drag and Drop the tag onto the document and you should see the Salesforce value appear in the text field:
After you have created your merge fields, keep in mind a few items:
1.The custom tag names should reflect the data it is mapping. This will help your users easily identify the correct tag for each use case.
2.If the tags were working at one point and suddenly stop working, first thing to check is the Connect settings. If your DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce configuration changes, it will impact how merge fields function.
Click here to watch a 4-minute video on creating merge fields or you can download the recipe here.