**Legacy** DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - INVALID_FIELD - A merge field value for a Tab could not be retrieved.
Possible errors encountered when sending envelope:
- A merge field value for a tab could not be retrieved.
- INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'xxx_xxx_xxx__c' on entity 'yyy'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
CauseDocuSign is unable to read merge field data from Salesforce. Most commonly this is because of invalid Salesforce credentials stored on the DocuSign side, but may also be caused by field-level permissions issues.
SolutionSalesforce administrator permissions are required to resolve this issue. If you are not a Salesforce administrator, you will need to engage an administrator for assistance.
- Confirm DocuSign is able to access Salesforce. The best to do this is to log into Salesforce, as an administrator, navigate to the DocuSign Admin > Account > Modify Account Configuration. Follow the prompt to reconfigure your credentials.
- Create a new envelope and attempt reproduce the issue. If the error does not occur again, the issue is fixed! If the error still occurs, take note of the fields called out in the error.
- Return to Salesforce and authenticate as the DocuSign Connect user. Navigate to the record you are attempting to send from and make note of which fields you are unable to access. You will need to grant the DocuSign Connect user permissions to these fields. More information on this process can be found in the article DfS - DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Drop Down List of Salesforce Objects Omit Some Values