DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - Default Apex Timeout settings may prevent you from accessing DocuSign Admin
IssueWhen using DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce, you can access the Settings panel and modify the Send Settings.
One of these settings is called Apex callout limit and can have a value between 1 and 120000.
Note: you can type any value and save without any error message preventing you from saving an invalid value.
Once you save an invalid value, you may get locked out of your account due to this error message: Timeout must be between 1 and 120000
Solution 1Go to the DocuSign Admin object > Settings > find 'Apex callout limit (seconds)'
For DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce version 7 and higher:
- Navigate to the 'dsfs__Troubleshooting' page, see the following article on how to get there: DFS Troubleshooting Page
- Click 'Delete DocuSign Credentials', note that this will clear any custom default emails and user mapping, so you'll need to reconfigure after this.
- Navigate back to the DocuSign Admin tab and reconfigure the login, relink all users that need to use DocuSign, check your settings.
For DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce v.6 or earlier:
- Open the DocuSign Account Configurations object
- Select the account configuration you are using from the list.
- Click on the Edit Layout button
- Find a button called Default Apex Timeout. It is visible if you filter for Fields.
- Add this button to the Configuration and save.
Note: Once the button has been added, you should be able to modify the value to something higher. Be aware that the value here is expressed in milliseconds so 1 second will be 1000 ms. Changing the value to something very small may also cause other errors.