DocuSign for Google Drive, Google Docs, & Google Chrome - Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What's in the Chrome extension?
1. DocuSign eSignature for Chrome extension allows users to access DocuSign eSignature from anywhere in Chrome. Click the DocuSign icon in the upper right corner of your browser window for convenient management of envelopes.
2. A button in the Chrome .pdf file viewer will appear for online documents and allow quick envelope creation.
What's in the DocuSign eSignature for Google Workspace Add-on?
Having DocuSign eSignature in your Google Workspace puts electronic signing where it offers the most convenience. Generate agreements from Gmail, Drive, or Docs, add recipients and a personal message, then tag the document in DocuSign. Collect signatures or upload and sign agreements all through the DocuSign add-on in your Google Workspace. It’s your handy eSignature contract and document control center.
Only the Chrome browser is compatible with Chrome Extensions.
What about the Workspace Add-on? What browsers are compatible?
The DocuSign eSignature for Google Workspace Add-on is compatible with all of the browsers that DocuSign supports. See system requirements .
What data is gathered by DocuSign from my Google account and why?
The only data gathered from Google’s APIs are the specifically selected documents opened using the DocuSign app by the user. No other documents within the user’s Chrome, Google Drive, Google Docs, or Gmail are accessed. A copy of each document is made so that it may be sent through DocuSign eSignature. None of the data gathered may be used for marketing purposes or given to any affiliates. DocuSign adheres to Google's Limited Use Requirements.
How can I request the data from Google be removed?
If you wish to remove this data you can do so by deleting the sent envelope in your DocuSign account. Additionally, you may choose to have documents purged from the system by utilizing the information and directions found here.
What if I have more questions about my private data and how DocuSign and Google handle my privacy?
For more information about the privacy practices used by DocuSign and set by Google you can refer to the following links:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search DocuSign , or view our listing directly
- Click "Add to Chrome" > "Add Extension"
- In the top right of your Chrome browser, click the puzzle piece icon for "Extensions"
- Under "Access Requested", click "DocuSign eSignature for Chrome"
- Once you grant access, click the puzzle piece icon again, under "Full Access" click the pin icon for DocuSign eSignature for Chrome
- Click the DocuSign icon that is now pinned in the top right of Chrome
- Sign In with your existing DocuSign account credentials or Sign Up for a free account
- Begin using the extension. Sign, Send, and Succeed!
How do I install the DocuSign eSignature for Google Workspace Add-on?
- Go to the GSuite Marketplace at https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/search/DocuSign
- Click DocuSign eSignature
- Click install
- Grant Permission to begin installation
- Once installed, click the DocuSign icon on the Add-on sidebar to the right in Gmail, Drive, or an open Google Doc
- Log in with your DocuSign credentials or create a free DocuSign account
- Follow the in-product instructions to begin signing agreements or collecting e-signatures
It says I already installed it but I'm not seeing any features?
Check that the Add-on side panel has been enabled. There will be a small arrow in the bottom right of your screen to hide or show the side panel. Also be sure that you are in either Gmail, Drive, or in an open Google Doc.
Do I need to use the same email between my Google and DocuSign accounts?
No. Be sure to log into the DocuSign integrations with your DocuSign credentials, not your Google account. If you don't have a DocuSign account you can sign up for a free account.
How do I log out if I want to connect the Chrome extension with a different account?
- Click the DocuSign icon.
- Hit the three horizontal lines icon in the upper left to reach more functionality
- There should be a Log Out item to select in the resulting list of options
I've sent a number of envelopes through a connected account from a number of methods, where are they stored?
Log into DocuSign at https://www.docusign.net. Once logged in, click "Manage" at the top to see all your recent envelopes.
How do I to send with a template?
- Click the extension icon in the upper right of the Chrome window
- Click the three horizontal lines icon in the upper left to reach more functionality
- Click Templates
- Choose a template and click Use
I don't see the .pdf viewer button when I open a .pdf file I downloaded to my hard disk
The button only appears for online documents, not locally stored ones. Examples based on address bar content: