Rooms for Real Estate Quick Start
We hope that this collection of materials will help get you up to speed with Rooms for Real Estate. Here are five easy steps to get you started, along with some additional tips and tricks. We’re sure that you will be a Power User in no time!
If you haven't already, be sure to activate your account first! You will receive an email that requires you to activate your account before you can log in.
1. Set up your profile
Your profile is a great way to share your contact information with clients and other partners.
- To begin customizing your profile, click My Account in the upper right and then Settings.
- Fill out any pertinent information in the Profile and Contact Information tabs, adjust your Notifications, and note or edit your inbound email and fax number within the Inbox Details tab.
- Sync your DocuSign eSignature account in the DocuSign Settings tab and sync your zipForm account and cloud storage services under Integrations.
Note: If you log in to zipForm via a single sign-on like CAR or TAR, you will need to go into zipForm, then link to Rooms for Real Estate. Follow the instructions here.
2. Create and explore a sample room
Rooms are the hub for sharing documents related to a transaction.
- Click Transactions.
- Click New and enter a transaction address.
- Set yourself on the Buy side and as a Real Estate Agent.
- Upload a picture and click Create.
3. Add documents to a room
Upload documents to a room to share them with others.
- To upload documents to your new room, access the Documents tab and click Add.
- Click the preferred source for the file. For this example, click Computer.
- Navigate to the desired file and click Open.
Note: To email a document directly into a room, follow these instructions.
4. Add people to a transaction room
Select the people you'd like to add to the room.
- From the room, click the People tab.
- Click Add, then click the preferred option.
Note: For this example, invite via Email. Once you have invited someone to a Room, they will automatically be added to your Network. To experience firsthand what customers will receive, can also add yourself under an alternate email address.
- After adding a person to the room, click their tile to view available options.
- To adjust their document permissions, click Access.
- Click to select which documents they have access to. To change permissions for all documents, click the Access drop-down menu, then click All or None.
- To view their activity within the room, click Activity.
Note: To re-invite someone to a room, follow these instructions.
5. Send a document for eSignature
Use DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate to send a document to one or multiple recipients with ease.
- Click the Envelopes tab and then New to create a new envelope.
- Provide an envelope name and subject. Most people add the name of the document and/or address here.
- Add documents to this envelope by clicking Add in the documents area. As you will see, you can only add documents that currently reside within the Room. If the document hasn't been added to the Room yet, you will need to leave the envelope setup and upload the document into the Documents tab.
- Add people to this envelope within the Recipients and Routing section. Recipients can be added from Room Participants, or added using their name and email address using the Email Address option. If there are documents added via zipForm, you may have the option to add recipients using Form Field Roles.
- Click the green Next button in the upper right to brought to the DocuSign tagging sheet.
- Place the DocuSign fields as appropriate and send it out to be signed. The completed document will be placed into the Documents tab along with the Certificate of Completion (if enabled on the account) when fully executed.
Note: If you need to add recipients or documents that are not in your transaction room, you can do so when the DocuSign tagging sheet opens.
If you have existing DocuSign templates, they can be applied at this stage. You can always click “go back” at the bottom of the page and manually apply one as well.
Explore a bit more
- From the home screen, click Inbox. Your inbound email and fax numbers are listed at the top.
Note: If you ever email an attachment in without putting #TransactionRoomID (e.g. #123456) in the subject line, it will end up here. Also, all inbound faxes will end up here.
If need be, you can Move or Copy documents from your Inbox to a transaction room. Right-click a document to see these options.
Your My Docs Folders
- From the home screen, click My Docs.
- Click the Personal tab, then click Create to make a new folder.
This is your personal “filing cabinet” where you can store documents not related to specific rooms.
If there is a second tab, that is your company’s shared folder, where an administrator has stored documents for everyone to use – you can copy these to a room or your own folder, but you cannot delete or add your own documents here.
Other Tips and Tricks
- Download the mobile app for Apple iOS or Android - Collect signatures in person, right from your mobile device!
- Keep the interaction personal and ditch the paper with In-Person Signing. (video / text).
- Use a PDF editing app (like PDF Expert) to edit documents on the go from your mobile device
- Send the body of an email in DTR: Put #PDF into the subject line of an email thread conversation and forward it to your DTR email address to have the conversation saved as a PDF in a transaction room.
For further DocuSign Rooms for Real Estate Help & Support, please contact us.