DocuSign Transaction Rooms - How to Correct an Envelope
How to Correct an Envelope
Correcting of an envelope is available for any envelope that has been sent out for signature. Those envelopes will have the status of “Waiting for Others” or “Needs my Signature”.
1. Right-click on the envelope and select correct.
2. Within the prepare screen of Correct you have the ability to change the following:
a. You can also click on the envelope, click envelope actions in the upper right and select Correct.
a. Name, Subject, Message – These can be changed at any time within the lifecycle of the envelope prior to the envelopes completion.
b. Documents – Adding and reordering documents is available during correct as long as none of the recipients have taken their action.
i. If a recipient(s) has taken their action (IE Signed, viewed, etc.), the documents that were part of the original envelope will be locked. This means you would not be able to remove those documents, nor reorder them.
c. Recipients – Adding, reordering, private messages, and the recipient’s responsibility are all available as long as none of the recipients have taken their action.
i. If a recipient has taken their action (IE Signed, viewed, etc.), that recipient(s) would be locked. This means you would not be able to remove, reorder, or add a private message for that recipient(s).
3. Click the “Next” button in the upper right.
II. You can add a recipient back into the signing order again if that recipient needs to take another action on the envelope.
4. Click the “Next” button again in the upper right.
5. Add or adjust any of the recipient tags within the tagging page.
a. You will not be able to adjust any of the tags for recipients who have already taken their action.
6. Click “Correct” when finished tagging.
7. You will be brought back to the envelopes tab of the Transaction Room.
Note: you can discard changes at any time within the Correct process.
- Clicking the “X” within the Correct prepare screen will prompt you to “Discard Changes” or “Continue, Correcting”. “Discard Changes” will return your envelope to its original state.
- Within the tagging page, clicking “Actions” and then “Discard Changes” in the upper right will return you to the envelopes tab of the Transaction Room and will return your envelope to its original state.