DocuSign Signing FAQs
Who do I contact with questions about this document?
DocuSign sends email notifications on behalf of its users. You can simply "reply to" the email notification to contact the sender of the document with questions.
Often times, only the sender of the document can assist you with inquiries regarding the following:
- The contents of the document / errors in the document
- For questions about the contents of the document or to request correction of errors in the document please contact the sender.
- Access codes / Authentication
- If you never received an access code or are having trouble with the access code, the sender can provide the correct code or resend the envelope with a new code.
- Failed authentication
- If you fail authentication three times, you must contact the sender to have them resend the envelope with a new code.
- Envelope not accessible / Envelope correction in progress
- If the sender is correcting the envelope, they must finalize their corrections before you can access the document. Please contact sender regarding the corrections.
- Finish button does not appear
- If the Finish button is not appearing, it is due to one or more incomplete required fields. Once a page has had all required fields met – A green check mark appears. If this does not resolve the issue, please reach out to the sender of the document to ask them to investigate. One possibility is that the document has overlapping tags, which can only be corrected by the sender.
How do I know who sent me this document?
The notification email you received contains the name and email address of the sender - to contact the sender, please use the email address included in the notification.
Why do I keep getting notifications - how do I stop these?
DocuSign sends email notifications on behalf of its users. Each sender has the ability to set how often to send email reminders.
Your options to stop receiving email reminders to sign:
- Decline to sign
- Complete signing
- Contact the sender and ask them to Void/Cancel the document. You can simply "reply to" the email notification to contact the sender of the document.
How do I download documents from my account?
To download your completed documents from your account, follow these steps:
Log in to your DocuSign Account.
Open up the completed document that you would like to save.
You will see this menu at the top of the page, click the icon with the down arrow.
You will get the option to download as separate PDFs or combined PDFs.
Separate PDF - This will download the documents as the sender uploaded them. (For example, an envelope sent with two different documents will be downloaded as a ZIP file containing the two documents).
Combined PDF - This will combine all documents into a single PDF.
Choose where you would like to download them on your computer.
Note: Documents over 5MB will not be attached to the confirmation email after signing, you will have to download them using this method.
Why am I unable to access the envelope?
It could be that someone forwarded you their DocuSign email. Best Practice - do not forward DocuSign email notifications
lf you are not a party (sender or recipient) to the envelope, you will be unable to access for security reasons.
You can request that the sender uses the DocuSign forward feature to provide you a copy of the completed envelope.
I still need help with Signing...
See the Common Signing Issues article.
Want to learn more?
- DocuSign Essentials - mLearning
- Video: Signing video
- Guide: Signing Documents Electronically with DocuSign