DocuSign HSM Appliance (formerly PrivateServer HSM) Technical FAQs
DocuSign HSM is the leading high-security (FIPS 140-2 Level 3), high-capacity, network–attached multi-user HSM.
I want to migrate my Certificate Authority (CA) Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP) into a Key Storage Provider (KSP). Can I do that?
I need to replace my database files from the current set of master keys to a new set of master keys. Is that going to be painful?
In general, the process works like this:
- Connect to the working DocuSign HSM and generate a new random, clear-text SVMK
- Create a new set of Init and Startup using new cards
- Load the ReplaceSVMK module
- Execute the ReplaceSVMK operation
What is the difference between a key user and a key owner?
Can the PrivateServer get the time from an NTP server?
What is the PrivateServer’s port number?
What are the access types?
There are five access types:
- Users may connect from a non-secured network without the need for authentication (in this case, authentication is done by a key that is password protected).
- Users must connect from a secured network, but without the need for authentication.
- Users must connect with authentication from a non-secured network.
- Users must connect with authentication but only from a secured network.
- Users cannot connect to the PrivateServer.
Note: In a production environment, ARX does not recommend deleting and recreating users. This is because if a key is linked to only one user, then deleting the user will make all keys unusable. It’s preferable to lock access to a user or changing the users’ access level to 5, which prevents the user from connecting.
What is the meaning of secure network and non-secure network?
- Secure network means that measures have been taken to limit access to the network. For example, a network with cross cable between a client machine and the PrivateServer is considered a secure network.
- Non-secure network means that the network has unlimited access. For example: a PrivateServer that is connected to the Internet.
What card types can be used as INIT and STARTUP cards?
Have an issue? To send us an email, please submit this form.