DocuSign Document and Envelope File Size Limitations
New DocuSign Experience
File Upload from an external source (i.e. Box, DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.)
- Document limit: A hard cap exists of less than 25MB per document. Any attempt to upload a file over this limit results in the error "Error uploading [object Object]: Maximum Request size exceeded."
DocuSign REST API
DocuSign SOAP API
- Document limit: A soft cap exists of 25MB per document (documents over this size may experience performance issues such as timeouts or 404 errors) - SOAP API Guide - File Limitations
- Envelope limit: No size limit exists on a per envelope basis (envelopes over a certain size may experience performance issues) - SOAP API Guide - File Limitations
Signer Envelope Attachments
- Document limit: A hard cap exists of less than 25MB per document. Attempting to upload files over this size results in the error "[Filename] Sorry, your document size exceeds our maximum limit. Please try again, or select another one."- DocuSign REST API Documentation - Resource Limits
- Document limit: A hard cap exists of 28MB but much like Classic DocuSign, the limit is based on the size of the converted document in DocuSign and not on the size of the upload. An attempt to upload a file over this size results in the error "The document you're trying to print exceeds the maximum file size. Please try printing again with a smaller page range."