DocuSign CLM Transition to Modern Reports
In order to offer continued development of CLM reporting and visualization functions, DocuSign will end support for Classic Reports and move all customers over to our newer Modern Reports by February 26, 2021.
The full transition to Modern Reports will ensure stability and flexibility for CLM reporting development going forward. You can learn more about creating Modern Reports in this DocuSign University Course.
What are the benefits of Modern Reports?
Modern Reports offer enhanced usability and report permissions.
- Usability: Quickly add any standard field or custom attribute as a filter or a column in Document or Workflow reports.
Report Visualization: Display chart visuals of your modern reports in CLM Dashboard. View support article for more information.
- Permissioning: Grant specific users or groups (not just broad permission profiles) access to view and export individual reports.
How can I determine if I am using Classic Reports today?
Navigate to your Reporting tab in CLM. Any report in the Custom Reports category that includes “Classic” in the Type column is a classic report that will be affected by this change. Any report in this category that does not have a “Classic” type is already a Modern Report. All reports in the Default Reports category are classic reports that will be deprecated.
I see Classic Reports in my report library. What actions do I take?
If you are not using the Classic Reports in your report library, you can delete them. If you are using any of the Classic Reports in your library, you can rebuild them using Modern Reports. You should first view and document your Classic Report settings, then create a new Modern Report with the same settings applied.
View your Classic Report settings
- Open the Classic Report & click Edit to view all filters and columns.
- Click Data Selection and note whether the report displays data on Documents or Workflows. The specific type of Document report (e.g., Documents & Folders, Documents & Attributes) is no longer applicable with Modern Reports. If the report is a Workflow Report, note whether it is a Workflow Steps report or a Workflow Initiated report.
- Click Column Selection to view columns, groups, and aggregates.
- Click Criteria Selection to view report filters.
Note: Parameters are not yet available in Modern Reports. A replacement will be added in early 2021.
Create Modern Report
- Create a new Modern Report. If the Data Selection from your Classic Report was Documents, select Document Report. If the Data Selection was Workflows, select Workflow Report.
- Add columns, filters, and groups to your Modern Report.
Add Attribute filters or groups by selecting Document Attributes. Add Attribute columns by clicking the Add Columns button:
Choose the Attribute you want to use:
After adding the desired filters, columns, sort order, and groupings to your report, save the report and it will show up in your report library.
Note: Preview in Edit Mode only uses a sample of the data and will not show the complete list of results.
What are upcoming enhancements for Modern Reports?
- Replacement for the default Users Report will be available January 15, 2021.
- Update to repeating attributes display in Document Reports will be available January 15, 2021.
- Replacement for Classic Report Parameters will be available in Modern Reporting April 2, 2021.