How to disable location tracking during signing?
Recipients are prompted to allow their browser to share/track their location and I do not wish this to occur.
DocuSign uses the geolocation options built into most modern web browsers to track the approximate location of where a signing ceremony took place The accuracy of this location ranges from a few hundred feet to about 80-100 miles. This is an additional authentication method to help secure the validity of our signed documents. DocuSign strongly recommends against disabling this feature as it is one more additional layer of authenticity of the signature of our documents. Please see this article for additional information. If the removal of this feature is absolutely necessary, please follow the below steps.
This setting is changed in the Branding Signing Resource File available in both the Classic DocuSign Experience and New DocuSign Experience. If your account does not have access to Resource Files, please contact your Account Manager or DocuSign Customer Support.
- Have a DocuSign Administrator click Go to Admin from the drop down in the upper right corner of the account home page
- Select Brands
- Click on the brand you wish to modify
- Select Resource Files
- Download either the Signing master file or your edited Signing Resource File
- Edit the file in an XML editing tool (Example: Notepad ++)
- Set the DocuSign_DisableLocationAwareness node to true (disabled).
- Upload the newly edited resource file using the "Upload" button or choose "Replace" from the vertical ellipses menu under the Signing Resource File
Why does DocuSign request my location information when signing a document?
DocuSign Signing Resource File Guide 1.1