DocuSign Transaction Rooms - Best Practices - Counter OfferIn Real Estate there are a lot of negotiations that take place. While DocuSign Transaction Rooms and DocuSign Signature don’t have a red-lining tool in place, here is a work around and some best practices when it comes to creating counter offers.
Counter Offer using the Correct Feature
1) Log into https://docusign.net, click on the Documents Tab, and then click on the In-Process Envelope and then select Correct:
2) Once in the envelope, find the information that is being negotiated and drag a text box on top of the text.
i.e. in the Listing Contract, if they are negotiating the amount the owner has to pay the broker:
3) Click on the Text Box. On the right hand-side the text fields properties will appear – click on the Add Text box and enter in enough dashes (-) or X’s to cover the initial text.
4) Next, update the formatting so the dashes or X’s are easier to see:
5) Drag another blank text field on the document, enter in the new number and then select Read Only in the Text Box Properties:
6) Lastly, drag an Initial Tag out for the Seller/Buyer to initial.
7) Click Save and Resend.
NOTE: As long as the document is In-Process, you can correct it as many times as needed. For more
information on Correcting an Envelope, Click Here.
Counter Offer – Resending a New Envelope from DTR
1) Log into https://realestate.docusign.com, click on the Transaction Tab, and then click on the Listing (alternatively, you can use the Transaction Finder and search for the active Transaction):
2) Once in the Transaction, select the Documents Tab, find the Completed and Signed Envelope that is being negotiated:
-If you are completing your forms outside of Transaction Rooms or scanning a paper copy and uploading it to the listing, there will not be a Green Signed badge.
3) Right Click on the document and a list of document actions will appear:
4) Select Create Envelope from the document action list, and then fill out the Envelope Details:
5) Click Next, and it will take you to the DocuSign Signature Envelope Page
To complete the process, review steps 2 through 7 above.
For further DocuSign Transaction Rooms Help & Support, please contact us