Rules of Participation
DOCUSIGN COMMUNITY TERMS OF SERVICE
The following, are the Terms of Service for the DocuSign Community.
Use of the DocuSign Community Site indicates you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the DocuSign Community Site.
The DocuSign Community is a peer-to-peer and direct support channel for people using DocuSign Software. It is central for education and thought leadership on best practices, where we also collaborate with customers directly on how to improve and extend the product platform.
Enterprise communities are communities created by business organizations for their customers, partners, or other enthusiasts. Although this community is designed for DocuSign customers, partners and employees, we welcome anyone with an interest in e-signature to participate in public areas. We expect all to observe the community rules of conduct set forth in these Terms of Service.
You may not use your registration membership (or allow anyone else to use your registration membership) to post or transmit:
1. Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, or that discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. This includes language, information, or images.
2. Content that is threatening, defamatory or abusive, either between forum members or directed towards a DocuSign, moderator, or a DocuSign employee or manager.
3. "Rants," "slams," or legal threats against DocuSign or another company or competitor.
4. Bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive comments.
5. Political or religious statements or commentary.
6. Off-topic comments not related to e-signature or the DocuSign platform.
7. Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
8. Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
9. Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals. This includes advertising links in signatures.
10. Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
11. Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
12. Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
13. Personal account information, phone numbers or addresses (to protect privacy).
14. Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers, or other contact information that is not your own, including, but not limited to DocuSign employee's email addresses.
15. Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
16. Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity, including, but not limited to, DocuSign. In addition, our guidelines do not permit you to:
17. Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site
18. Interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including but not limited to mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
19. Evading bans or suspensions or otherwise disregarding directions from DocuSign moderators or administrators. Lithosphere moderators may at any time and without prior notice remove any posted message or thread, delete words that violate these guidelines from posted messages, or ban your account for violating the above reasonable provisions. Please remember that you are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password.
If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us by using the "Flag as inappropriate" link at the bottom of the post or by contacting us directly at: email@example.com
If you believe that work belonging to you has been copied onto the DocuSign Community Site without your permission, please notify by sending a written notification of claimed infringement to:
By mail: 1301 Second Ave, Suite 2000, Seattle, WA 98101
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. * Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
USER PROFILE INFORMATION
We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address that is already being used by someone else, that impersonates another person, that belongs to another person (without that person's prior consent), that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or that we reject for any other reason, at our sole discretion. In consideration of your use of the DocuSign Community Site you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current, and complete. DocuSign may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, out of date, or incomplete.
MEMBER GENERATED CONTENT
The content found in the DocuSign Community Site comes from a variety of sources, primarily from community members. DocuSign makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas. DocuSign is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites not administered or under the control of DocuSign and users must open such links at their own risk. DocuSign is not liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members. DocuSign makes no guaranty of the confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site, or any web-site linked to the site, or otherwise in connection with the services and DocuSign will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, confidential or trade-secret information.
If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible for promptly notifying us.
You can notify us by Contacting Support
You must be 13 years of age or older to access the DocuSign Community Site.
The language of the DocuSign Community Site is English.
DocuSign reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time, effective upon posting of the modified guidelines on the forum.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the service is at your sole risk. DocuSign does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does DocuSign make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the service. DocuSign makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall DocuSign be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of the service or site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the service and terminate this agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend DocuSign, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement; (b) your use of the DocuSign Community Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any libelous, slanderous, indecent or other statement concerning any person made or republished by you.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms of Service constitutes a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. These Terms of Service, the DocuSign User Guidelines and related documents set forth herein constitute the entire agreement between you and DocuSign and governs your use of the DocuSign Community Site superseding any prior agreements between you and DocuSign. The laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A., shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and DocuSign, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and DocuSign agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of King, Washington, U.S.A.