Common sending issues
Initial general troubleshooting
Once you start a document, you add the files that you want your recipients to review. DocuSign supports a wide variety of file formats. When you upload your files, DocuSign converts them to PDF format for sending and storage.
- Ensure the file is one of the supported file formats.
- Confirm file size is less than 25 MB.
- File is corrupt. Try opening and saving document as a PDF before uploading.
Issues uploading documents - common errors, causes and solutions
Page cannot be displayed error
When you upload your files, DocuSign attempts to convert them to PDF format for sending and storage. This error is triggered by embedded images or document formatting attributes that our system cannot display properly.
Page cannot be displayed
Email notification issues
DocuSign email notifications may be blocked by either your recipients email server, firewall, email provider, or email client.
- Ask the recipient to check their junk mail.
- Confirm email with recipient and resend.
- The recipient must trust all emails from docusign.net
Why aren't my signers receiving DocuSign notification emails?
Need to resend document
The resend/remind feature is useful for these situations:
- Your recipients have deleted or lost the original notification email
- You want to remind the outstanding recipients to DocuSign your document
- You added recipient authentication to your document and the recipient fails the validation process; resend gives them another chance to pass the authentication challenge
There are two ways to resend a document:
- Resend a document to all outstanding recipients/li>
- Resend a document to just one recipient
Need to correct document
Currently, correct is only available to users with paid DocuSign plans. Free accounts cannot use the correct feature. In addition, some accounts have only a more basic correct feature, which supports correcting some of the recipient information only.
Important: you can only correct in-process envelopes. Once an envelope has been completed; you can no longer take action.
- From the Documents page, locate the in process document for which you want to correct information.
- Click the action menu and select Correct.
- The Document Prepare view appears, with the status Correcting and you can edit the files, recipient information, and fields
FAQs related to correcting envelopes in DocuSign
Recipient authentication failure
Recipient authentication is an option you can set for individual recipients, requiring them to provide additional information to prove their identity. You can select one authentication method for any of the recipients for a document. Recipient authentication is not required; you choose whether or not to apply this feature.
- Use the remind feature to send a new notification email and give them another chance to pass the validation step.
Additional sending topics
Help with sending
keyword: upload, add, document, file, rasterize, render