This authentication method is not supported NONE
IssueSigners get the error: "This authentication method is not supported: NONE" when attempting to finish signing an envelope with Standards Based Signatures.
Error: "This authentication method is not supported: NONE" when attempting to finish signing an envelope with Standards Based Signatures.
SolutionThis error may be received for one of the two following reasons, depending on how the envelope was sent:
- If the envelope was sent from the DocuSign interface: The value for the Standards Based Signature authentication method is null or missing.
- You should receive an error when attempting to send the envelope, but if not then the recipient will receive this error after completing all fields and attempting to finalize signature.
- To correct behavior during signing:
- Have the signer exit out of the error and select "Other Actions > Finish Later" to save their work
- Correct the envelope
- For the affected recipient, click "More > Select Signature Type"
- Select the desired signature type (if available)
- Select the desired authentication method, then provide the appropriate value to the right
- Have the signer attempt signature again
- Click "Next" in the upper right then "Correct" to save changes
- If the envelope was sent via the API: The API call being used to create the envelope is missing the parameter for Standards Based Signatures, but DS Electronic signatures are not enabled for the account.
- When sending an envelope using Standards Based Signatures via the API, there are specific parameters which must be included. Please see our REST API guide for more information.