DocuSign for Google Drive
The DocuSign Google Drive app allows you to sign or request signatures on all your documents stored in Google Drive. No need to download, save, and upload your documents across Drive and DocuSign. Now documents are automatically synced between DocuSign and Drive to allow you to access your important documents anytime. Getting started with DocuSign for Google Drive is easy.
1. Install the DocuSign for Google Drive App: Go to the DocuSign for Google Drive app in the Chrome Web Store. Click Install to add DocuSign to your Google Drive account.
2. Access DocuSign from Drive: Choose one of the documents you've stored in Drive and select Open With and DocuSign. DocuSign will open in a new window.
3. Add Permissions: Click Accept to authorize DocuSign to connect to your Google Drive account.
A DocuSign account has been created with your Google credentials and your document has already been uploaded.
4. Select Your Signers: You'll see the options to choose who is signing.
- Select Only Me if you're the only signer that needs to sign at this time.
- Select Me and Others or Only Others to add recipients for the document.
From there you'll be able to place tags to guide your signers and at the end, you can input the email addresses where you'd like the document sent to.
5. Finish and Send: Once you're finished signing or sending, you'll be able to download, print or store your document with any cloud storage provider. Your document is automatically saved in Google Drive and will always be saved in DocuSign.
6. Access your Documents Anytime: All documents you've sent from Google Drive are automatically synced back to a new folder in your Google Drive account called DocuSign - Completed as well as saved at www.docusign.net under the Documents tab.
Have a document in your Gmail that you'd like to sign? Access the DocuSign for Google Drive app from Gmail with just a few extra steps.
1. Select your Gmail attachment: Click on your Gmail attachment to open it in your Gmail inbox.
2. Access the Google Drive App: Select Open With and DocuSign from the dropdown menu to launch DocuSign in a new window.
3. Finish Signing: Just like when you start directly from Drive, you'll find your document saved in the DocuSign - Completed folder once it's done. You'll have the same options to choose signers, sending options and other storage providers at the end of the signing process.
I don't see the option to choose DocuSign when I open my documents.
If you don't see the DocuSign icon, select Connect More Apps and search for DocuSign for Google Drive in the Chrome Web Store.
I'm trying to log into DocuSign online but it's not recognizing my login information.
If you've signed up for a DocuSign account through Google Drive, we've created an account for you with your Google credentials. You'll be able to log in with Google Authenticate by selecting the icon at the bottom of the log in screen. If you'd like to create new log in information you can reset your password.
If I use the DocuSign for Google Drive app with a Gmail attachment, does the document get sent back to Gmail?
No, but you'll have the option to send your document to others who may need to sign during the signing process. If you'd like to attach it to a Gmail message, you'll be able to download the document at the end of the signing process.
Will all my DocuSign documents be saved in my DocuSign - Completed folder?
Every document that you send with the Drive app (either from Drive or Gmail) is automatically saved back to the DocuSign - Completed folder. However, if you start the signing process from www.docusign.net or from one of our mobile apps, your document won't be automatically stored but you'll have the option to save a copy in Google Drive at the end.
How will I know when my signers have completed the documents?
You'll receive an email when your signers have signed and completed the document. Once it's completed, you'll be able to log into your DocuSign account to view it anytime under the Documents tab.