How do I make changes to a DocuSign envelope that I am supposed to sign?
If the envelope you received has incorrect information in it or needs to be modified, you will need to contact the sender to have them correct or resend the envelope. Think of DocuSign as a mail carrier - we deliver the mail but have no involvement with the contents of the mail itself.
How do I contact the sender?
Common examples of incorrect information:
- The wrong envelope was sent
- Signature fields are either missing or in the wrong location
- Information within the envelope is incorrect (i.e. name, address, transaction details, etc.)
- The routing order is incorrect - (i.e. the order in which the envelope must be signed is not set or incorrectly set.)
Note: If the sender has enabled Document Markup, a feature which allows signers to edit envelopes, you may be able to modify the envelope.
From within the Signing window, click OTHER ACTIONS, then click MARK UP. If MARK UP is not displayed, it is not available and you must contact the sender to make changes to this envelope.
Want to learn more?
- DocuSign Essentials - mLearning
- Document Markup - Using Document Markup during Signing ( Only available if the sender has enabled Document Markup)