DocuSign for Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM - Errors while attempting to configure DocuSign for Dynamics 365
When attempting to configure DocuSign for Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, a user is presented with the error message:
- "There was an error loading the account configuration."
- "An unknown error has occurred. Please contact support at email@example.com."
This error can be caused for several reasons:
- The DocuSign account not having an account name while attempting to configure the integration
- The DocuSign integration not being installed by an Office 365 Global Administrator (not just a Dynamics System Admin)
- The DocuSign integration not being installed at the top level business unit of the Dynamics org.
To resolve this make sure that the following steps have been taken:
Fill out your Account Name on your DocuSign account (this can only be done by an administrator). The steps to do this are:
- The person installing the integration is an Office 365 Global Admin
- The person installing the integration is the System administrator and a member of the top level business unit in the Dynamics organization
- That the account has an account name. See below on how to do this.
- Log into your account.
- Click your profile image in the upper right hand corner.
- Select "My Preferences"
- If you are not already there, in the upper left corner select "Personal Information"
- Then select "Edit" next to the account name as seen in the image below: