“Can’t Find Certificate” error after Signature Appliance client install
When you attempt to sign, you receive an error indicating “can’t find certificate”.
Applies to any application using DocuSign Signature Appliance (Word, Excel, OmniSign etc..,)
SolutionSince there can be multiple causes of this issue, we recommend the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart the workstation and try again;
- Ensure the user can be found and is “enabled” in the Users Management section of the Signature Appliance control panel. (In Active Directory mode, if the user is not listed, check that they are a member of the AD CoSign Signers group)
- In the event of a recent change in Active Directory, you may need to re-sync the Signature Appliance with the Active Directory domain (System parameters>All Tasks>Synchronize>Sync with Directory).
- For directory independent installation, try the following:
- Make sure the appliance IP address is properly configured in the "ARX Client Configuration.”
- Log off from the workstation.
- Ping and telnet to the appliance IP address or DNS name as it appears in the "ARX Client Configuration."
- Uninstall the Signature Appliance client, reboot and then reinstall.
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send details of the request and your contact details to DSASupport@docusign.com.
The CoSign Group at DocuSign Support
Have an issue? To send us an email, please submit this form.