iFrame Embedded Session loads a blank
When launching an embedded signing or sending session within an iFrame, using a supported version of Internet Explorer, the page loads blank, empty, or a message stating "your browser isn't supported" appears.
This is a known issue if you are running the current browser session in "Compatibility View." While you are, in fact, using a supported version of Internet Explorer, your Document Mode may be running an unsupported version. IE11, for example defaults to a Document Mode of IE5. If you are not using Compatibility View or Internet Explorer, please see this article.
- Disable Compatibility View for both your internal domain/website as well as DocuSign.
a. In Internet Explorer, click Settings
b. Click Compatibility View Settings
c. In the list of Websites you've added to Compatibility View
, highlight docusign.net and yourdomain.com, then click Remove
d. Deselect Display intranet sites in Compatibility View
e. Click Close
f. Reload the webpage
- Retain Compatibility View (i.e. if this is required for your business) but change the Document Mode to a supported version
a. In Internet Explorer, click F12 to open the F12 Developer Tools
b. Click Emulation
c. In the Document Mode drop-down menu, select 9 or higher (Edge is recommended)
d. Reload the webpage
Note: If your signing or sending session is launched via API, you may need to also generate the new token via your integration
If modifying the compatibility view does not resolve this issue
- DocuSign does not recommend launching sessions within an iFrame, especially on mobile devices. Please consult the owner of your integration to find out if this is needed for your workflow.
- Some of the above settings may be controlled by your internal IT department. If you are unable to follow these steps, please consult your internal IT team.
- If the above does not resolve your issue, please see Embedded Sending or Signing Loads Blank
Embedded Sending & Signing | DocuSign API
Signing - DocuSign System Requirements